For many, summer means looking forward to relaxing by the pool or a vacation on the beach. This does not have to be the only time you consider tidying up your bikini line. If you prefer to have a neat bikini line, then being caught without might be your worst nightmare. For this reason, we have put together this article about how to do a bikini wax at home. Thanks to Veet® you can always look your best!
Feel confident and prepared by choosing a product from Veet® – whether you’re pressed for time and want fast results, or looking for long-lasting hair removal that keeps your bikini area smooth for up to 28 days. With all these great bikini hair removal options, you’ll always know your bikini line will be perfectly smooth and hair free. Of course, you could book yourself a salon appointment and have a beautician’s help. But, you may be surprised how easy it is to achieve perfect results all in the comfort and privacy of your own home using Veet® wax strips.
Bikini Hair Removal Options from Veet®
You can use Veet® hair removal creams around your bikini line, but take extra care not to make contact with your intimate areas. Time needed for hair removal creams may vary depending on the product. Veet® Gel Cream - Legs & Body and Veet® Botanic Inspirations® Hair Removal Cream takes 5 to 10 minute while Veet® Botanic Inspirations® In Shower Cream - Legs & Bodytakes 3 to 6 minutes. Before using, read the precautions carefully and patch-test on a small area of your skin which you wish to treat. Follow all the instructions on the leaflet and if there is no adverse reaction within 24 hours you can continue to use the product.
Wax strips are probably one of the easiest methods you could opt for to achieve the desired effect for performing a bikini wax at home, as they are ready to use. Wax strips can also easily help you achieve different styles of bikini lines, please read this article if this is of interest to you.
Preparing For a Bikini Wax At Home
Before you start, it is advised to make sure your hair is at least 1/10 of an inch long – if not, the wax might not be able to grab the hair properly. 24 hours before waxing, use a mild exfoliator to clean up any dirt or dead skin. Right before you wax, shower and make sure your skin is dry.
Performing a Bikini Wax at Home
Although removing hair from your bikini area is both quick and easy with Veet® - this is a sensitive area of the body and it is recommended that you follow our handy tips to ensure the best results.
• Before using, patch-test on a small area of your skin which you wish to treat. Follow all the instructions included with the packaging and if there is no adverse reaction within 24 hours, you can continue to use the product.
• Find somewhere comfortable to do your waxing. You could try laying a towel on the floor or on your bed to protect from any potential mess. One technique is to sit on the floor with your knees slightly bent and your legs turned outward. Your first bikini wax at home can be a little tricky so keep a mirror on hand to help with those hard to see areas.
• With Veet® Botanic Inspirations® Wax Strip Kit, take out a double wax strip and rub between your hands to make the strip easy to separate. Carefully peel the strips apart using the rounded easy grip tabs. With the easy grip tab at the bottom, apply one strip to the skin. Rub several times in the direction your hair grows to make sure the wax adheres well. Hold your skin taut. Grasp the tab, and pull the strip back on itself as quickly as you can, against the direction the hair grows. Pull the strip back in one swift motion, close to the skin rather than away from it. After waxing, clean away any wax left on your skin with a perfect finish wipe.
After-Care for Bikini Hair Removal with Waxing
- After waxing, remove any excess wax by wiping the area with one of the provided Perfect Finish Wipes. Baby oil can also be substituted if you run out of the provided wipes.
- For a little extra pampering, you could apply oil or cream with no perfume to help soothe the skin.
- To maintain beautifully smooth skin and avoid irritation, in the 24 hours following bikini hair removal, do not use scented products, go swimming, or expose yourself to the sun.
- Always leave 72 hours between hair removal sessions for all products.
If you want additional guidance around after-care waxing have a look at our article “Skin Care Tips After Your Wax.”
For all Veet products used, please read the included instructions carefully.